- Classiebawn Castle is a country house built for Viscount Palmerston on what was formerly a 10,000-acre (4,000 ha) estate on the Mullaghmore peninsula near the village of Cliffoney, County Sligo, in the Republic of Ireland.
- The current castle was largely built in the 19th century.
- It was designed in the Baronial style by J. Rawson Carrol, a Dublin-based architect, and is constructed from a yellow-brown sandstone brought by sea from County Donegal. It comprises a gabled range with a central tower topped by a conical roofed turret.
- In 1916 the house was cleared and remained empty until 1950. It was inherited by Edwina Mountbatten, Countess Mountbatten of Burma in 1939 who, with her husband Admiral of the Fleet The 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, made a number of improvements, installing electricity and a mains water supply.
- After his wife's death in 1960, Lord Mountbatten, the last Viceroy of India, spent his summers there until his death when his boat was blown up off the coast of Mullaghmore by the IRA in August 1979.
Distance from St Angela’s: 32km