1. How much money do I send with my booking form?
You must send €650.00 along with your booking form. €300.00 is for a security deposit, which is refundable pending the satisfactory return of your licensing arrangement at the end of term. €350.00 is non-refundable (once you take up residence) - €175.00 covers all utilities and the remaining €175.00 is a contribution towards your energy account. Depending on your energy usage you may need to pay more.
2. Can SALA cancel an application or booking?
SALA reserves the right not to accept or to cancel an application/booking, without explanation, at any time up to issue of a licensing agreement.
3. Who are payments made payable to?
All cheques, banker’s drafts, postal orders should be made payable to ‘SALA’.
4. How do I pay for my energy?
You will receive a bi-monthly summary of energy usage. In the event you exceed your energy allocation you must remit the amount due as advised on or before the appointed date. Your energy bill must always be paid on time, lest your supply is cut off. You will receive more information about this matter when you take up your residence. N.B. It is the apartment in which you reside and NOT your individual room that’s metered. You are jointly and severally liable for the energy usage in your apartment.
5. Can I get Internet/WiFi in my apartment/room?
Yes, this is included in your accommodation fees.
6. How are roommates allocated?
If you have a friend you wish to share with, SALA will endeavour to facilitate you together, if the request is clearly marked on both application forms. Otherwise roommates are allocated based on sex, academic year, course of education and age. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to facilitate all requests.
7. Do I have to leave my apartment at Christmas time and Easter?
No, you enjoy the use of your room/apartment for the duration of your licensing arrangement.
8. What happens if I pay for accommodation and fail to take up a place at St. Angela’s College?
In a case where an applicant has paid the booking/application fee, first accommodation fee or the annual accommodation fee in full and fails to be offered a place in St. Angela’s College, the full amount paid is refunded. In a case where an applicant has paid the booking/application fee, first accommodation fee or the annual accommodation fee in full and decides not to take up a place in St. Angela’s College, the full amount paid is refunded. The onus is on the applicant to inform management as required.
9. How soon must I confirm my reservation?
You are advised to make a reservation immediately. Act now! Forward the booking form + your deposit (€650.00) without delay to the address specified on the form. Receipt of your form and deposit will be made by return. Your reservation will be confirmed at the earliest practicable date following publication of CAO. N.B. Remember, your 1st accommodation fee payment must be paid in full per your licensing arrangement prior to taking up a residency.
10. Can I book by telephone?
No, you can only apply in the prescribed manner as specified above.
11. Is there a curfew?
No, there is no curfew. Residents can come and go as they please, subject to our COVID-19 protocol (see below). However, we do advise that residents always carry their student identification with them.
12. What time do visitors have to leave?
No visitors are allowed in SALA save as specified in our COVID-19 protocol (see below).
13. Can I obtain my apartment number or roommate details before check-in?
Your apartment number is provided to you when you receive your licensing arrangements. No roommate details are provided.
14. Does SALA provide insurance for my belongings?
No, you must take out your own insurance cover on your belongings.
15. Can a room be allocated for part of an academic year?
Your room is allocated per the terms of your licensing arrangement. You are liable for this period even if you do not reside in SALA for all of it.
16. When is the 2nd accommodation fee payable (staged-payments option)?
The 2nd accommodation fee payment is due no later than December 12, 2020.
17. When is the 3rd accommodation fee payment due (staged-payments option)?
The 3rd accommodation fee payment is due no later than February 11, 2021.
18. What is the duration of an academic year in SALA?
Usually from September to May annually, but please refer to the terms of your licensing arrangement when received.
19. Does SALA have a COVID-19 protocol?
Please read below.
The below are in addition to our standard protocols/provisions/terms
The below will be reviewed as required by Management
- No overnight stopovers are allowed including by a parent. This applies to the night of induction. There is NO exception to this.
- Face masks should be used in apartments, common areas, the shop, recreation room and gymnasium (when in use).
- A 6/15 rule will apply to all 3-beds i.e. no more than 6 persons to congregate in a 3-bed, and no more than 15 persons in a common area.
- A 8/15 rule will apply to all 4-beds i.e. no more than 8 persons to congregate in a 4-bed, and no more than 15 persons in a common area.
- On induction day, one parent/next friend may accompany you to your apartment, for a maximum period of 2 hours.
- You are not permitted to receive visitors (including a parent) except in the shop and/or the recreation room area.
- No college colleagues or friends may visit you in your apartment including during breaks in classes, lunchtime etc.
- No parties are allowed.
- You will be required to complete a ‘questionnaire’ and a ‘contact tracing form’ at point of induction.
- Breach of any of the above terms after enquiry/fair procedures may result in your expulsion from SALA with full loss of your booking deposit and the residue of all accommodation fees paid.
- The above terms will form part of your licensing agreement and the code of conduct. Where conflict arises the terms of your licensing agreement will prevail.