- In September 1880 Sligo Library was declared open in the Town Hall.
- The library today is located in a Gothic Revival Church which was converted in 1954 into the Sligo Town Library.
- In the first report from the librarian David Saultry, it is stated that the book stocks were at the 1,200 mark and that an average of 110 persons were using the service daily.
- It has expanded greatly over the years and now has a total membership of over 23,000 and a book stock of almost 125,000.
Distance from St Angela’s: 7.1km